Supportive, expert and collaborative
Dialectic is looking for individuals to join our team who share our passion for MEP engineering design and whose experience, talent and hard work will be continually rewarded as our firm grows.
Making Employees Partners
Collaboration is essential to Dialectic – and how we operate. Since 2016, we’ve been a 100% Employee Owned Company with an ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan/Retirement Plan). Every employee is part of the leadership and ownership of our firm. We believe in investing in our people and in technology so that our clients get the best MEP engineering experience.
At Dialectic, we engineer systems that serve diverse communities and we believe our team should mirror the communities we serve. We’re proud that our pursuit of the best people has ranked us third in Kansas City Business Journal’s list of most diverse engineering firms and has created an amazing group that is diverse as they are talented.
Paid time off and flexible work schedules
401(k) profit sharing plan, with company match
Medical, dental and vision insurance
Company paid Life and Disability Insurance
Healthy Lifestyle reimbursement
- 100% reimbursement for professional membership
- Reimbursement for PE application fees and state licenses
- Internal training sessions with monthly lunch n’ learns
Project Manager - Kansas City, MOApply Now
Dialectic is currently seeking a Project Manager due to our high growth and success in the MEP market. The PM will be a member of the Project Management Team that delivers and provides MEP engineering project management services. Responsibilities include client service, consultant coordination, designer direction, and ability to meet project deadlines on a wide variety of projects some of which include retail, commercial, restaurant, healthcare, cannabis, mixed-use and hospitality projects.
Reports to: VP, Project Management
Specific Position Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
- Manage MEP design projects for new buildings, or renovations / additions to existing buildings.
- Communicate with the clients, owners, and contractors to create and maintain a positive engineering experience.
- Be responsible for the timeliness, completeness, quality, and cost of the project from design phase through completion.
- Follow firm’s design process including obtaining signed contracts, guiding Kick-off meetings, Design meetings, and Premieres.
- Demonstrate competency on a range of job size and complexity.
- Anticipate, identify, and promptly address issues that impact performance in risk, financials, or timing of project delivery.
- Translate project goals into operational practices and communicate this to project team members.
- Demonstrate ability to expeditiously read & interpret construction drawings, plans & specifications.
- Demonstrate ability to lead and accomplish company objectives by maintaining and fostering a strong sense of personal responsibility and urgency.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively and collaboratively with all company divisions in a way that promotes field supervisory success as well as overall company success.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of staff and subcontractors as well as with owners and design professionals.
- Demonstrate high level of competence in computer applications including MS Office, project management software, and accounting software.
- Provide coordination of project designs with outside consultants.
- Direct internal design team to meet client specific requirements.
- Provide review and feedback to design team to maintain consistent client standards.
- Provide construction administration services including attending site meetings.
- Attend and contribute to Project Manager meetings.
- Ensure transparency and proactive communication throughout project.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, flexible with task interruptions and proactively solve problems.
- Demonstrated detail orientation negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work with fast paced deadlines while maintaining a positive design experience.
- Manages a high volume of projects, with demonstrated ability to successfully multi-task.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the AEC (architecture, engineering, construction) industry.
- 5 years minimum MEP design knowledge in commercial, retail, restaurant, and hospitality projects
- 5 years architectural or MEP design, construction, or project management experience
- AutoCAD & REVIT proficiency
- Travel up to 20% as needed.
- Five (5) years MEP design experience, preferred.
- Five (5) years of experience in the construction field in management role preferred.
Location: Kansas City, Missouri
Depending on the type of job, you will be required to engage in physical activities with or without reasonable accommodation. These activities include the following:
- Lifting and moving material up to 49 pounds each.
- Bending, lifting, stretching, and reaching both below the waist and above the head.
- Standing and walking during shift lasting up to 10 hours a day.
Electrical Engineering DirectorApply Now
The Electrical Engineering Director is responsible for Engineering Design Standards, Staff Training and Development, Design Processes and Procedures, and System/Process improvements across the firm. Position works closely with Company Executive Staff to develop and maintain robust design standards and processes to support a growing and dynamic design environment.
This role requires a broad base of functional design knowledge in the field of Electrical Engineering, specifically applied to buildings and building systems. Knowledge should include but is not limited to: Electrical Power and Distribution, Lighting Design and Photometric Analysis, Communication Systems, Controls Systems, Fire Alarm and Detection Systems. This role also requires a sustained drive to improve technical knowledge throughout the firm. A dedication to continued Technical Development is a must.
Broad responsibility for the day-to-day success of the Electrical Engineering Discipline for Dialectic, company and process function, technical success of complex projects, client engagement requiring a high level of expertise.
- Serves as a technical specialist for the office in the application of advanced theories, concepts, principles, or processes for an assigned area of responsibility (e.g., subject matter, function, type of facility or industry).
- Provides engineering technical leadership for a discipline or area of responsibility.
- Conceives, plans, and conducts consultation in areas of considerable scope and complexity.
- With a greater degree of freedom, works on highly complex technical projects.
- Plans and develops segments of projects with unique or controversial problems that have an important effect on major organization programs, which involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope and selection of problems for investigation, and development of novel concepts and approaches.
- Makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative. Initiates and maintains extensive contacts with senior-level engineers within the company and with key engineering officials of other organizations and companies and is skilled in persuasion and negotiation of critical issues.
- At this level, individuals will have demonstrated creativity, foresight, and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving both routine and unusual engineering problems, determining program objectives and requirements, organizing programs and projects, and developing standards and guides for diverse engineering activities.
- Supervision received is essentially administrative with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
- Develop and Maintains Design Standards.
- Continuously improves Company knowledgebase.
- Analyzes and manages complex and difficult organizational challenges.
- Provide proactive and strategic leadership for the electrical engineering discipline and function, offering direction, expertise, and support to ensure project and work site deliverables are successfully achieved within Dialectic.
- Perform engineering review of permit applications, engineering design plans and specifications, engineering contracts, integrated management plans, and periodic construction inspections, to ensure that they comply with applicable state and/or federal regulations and sound engineering practice and standards.
- Lead larger-scale, more complex electrical engineering projects ensuring contributors know what they are required to do and by when, preparing and overseeing relevant project budgets, monitoring external events, tracking hours and expenses, ensuring satisfactory performance.
- Provide expert technical assistance on various engineering, design, and construction issues relating to lighting design and controls and specifications, power distribution, emergency power systems, fire alarm, and various technology systems.
- Support the overall long-term strategy, growth, and pipeline development of Electrical Engineering work for Dialectic.
- Responsible for the profitable performance of the individual projects and the successful completion of the projects within the specified area.
- Assist with the preparation of an annual update to business tactical action plans within the specified area.
- Meet with various public or private entities or individuals to discuss issues relating to a variety of engineering design challenges and programs.
- Conduct needs analyses and client value surveys to align the engineering discipline’s function with business and project strategy, identifying and addressing any skill gaps or risks.
- Schedule engineering discipline meetings, providing updates and recommendations to ensure that all reasonable and proper measures are taken to instill electrical design discipline expertise and innovation into project work.
- Ensure all projects are in compliance with applicable City/State/Federal codes and regulations, and in accordance with all acceptable engineering practices.
- Provide verbal and/or written inputs to multi-disciplinary project teams and contribute to providing high-level strategic advice to clients.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources, and conduct, and adhere to Dialectic’s Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineering License
- 10+ years of relevant post-education experience as an electrical engineer providing design deliverables.
- Highly proficient with:
- Electrical engineering principles, practices, process, design/build, and the application to permitting and project work-related issues
- MEP design
- Making technical computations and calculations involving the application of engineering principles, understanding plans and specifications, and making factual comparisons to the
- Strong knowledge of relevant engineering and electrical construction laws, codes, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements
- Experience with planning and conducting inspections and investigations on various aspects of the construction and design of facilities or structures, applying applicable regulations and policies
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills when interacting with others, expressing intricate ideas effectively and professionally to an engineering and non-engineering audience
- Strong self-leadership and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to effectively, persuasively, and tactfully interact with clients, regulators, project managers, and employees at all levels of the organization
- Works independently to provide guidance and leadership to mid-level to senior-level team or project members, with strict adherence to QA/QC
- Proficiency with technical writing, office automation, discipline-specific design software (e.g., Revit, Bluebeam, CADD), technology, math principles, predictive models, spreadsheets, and tools
- Experienced with providing critical review for documents and preparing technical deliverables and plans with a high degree of complexity
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem-solving skills required to apply technical knowledge to reach conclusions from testing results, data collation, computations, statistical analysis and arriving at the most effective, economical, and logical solutions
- Demonstrated effectiveness at coordinating and assertively directing subcontractors and others to consistently complete tasks safely and efficiently
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP’s health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies
- Must be flexible to a variety of schedules to meet business needs and able to prioritize responsibilities and quickly adapt to change in a pressure work environment
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements
- Active involvement in local industry organizations
- Acumen in Business Development
- Experience in running financial operations at the project and department level
- Experience in workload projects for staffing predictions
Equal Opportunity Employer (EEO): Dialectic, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, age, disability, or status as a disabled veteran, recently separated veteran, Armed Forces Service Medal veteran, or other protected veteran, marital status, familial status, age, handicap or disability, genetic predisposition or carrier status, uniformed service status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Notice To Third-Party Agencies
Dialectic does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or agencies. Any staffing/employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume to this site does so with the understanding that the candidate resume will become the property of Dialectic. Dialectic will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion and without any fee owed to the submitting staffing/employment agency, person or entity. Staffing/employment agencies who have fee agreements with Dialectic must submit candidates to HR to be eligible for placement fees.